This Mighty Mini Mustang takes you into a whole new realm with its ability to be flown in smaller environments now! You get all the fun and excitement of a large mustang, but now the convenience of a mini size area for your experience!
The P-51 is definitely one of the most iconic airplanes of all time and this one sheet foam board airplane kit is a great way to experience the great flight characteristics of this icon. Using 4 channels, and the power of a 2204 size brushless motor which can often be found on mini racing quads, the Mini Mustang has more than enough power for endless vertical climb, and most basic aerobatic maneuvers such as knife edge. With it's wide flight envelope, this little Mustang can fly slow enough to be easily flown at a decent sized park.
This includes the airframe only (no electronics).
- WEIGHT WITHOUT BATTERY: 5.5 oz (156 g)
- CENTER OF GRAVITY: 1 inch (25 mm) from leading edge of wing
- CONTROL SURFACE THROWS: 12 ˚ deflection (elevator/aileron/rudder) Expo 30%
- WINGSPAN: 24.5 inches (622 mm)
- RECOMMENDED MOTOR: 2200 kv 2204 size motor
- RECOMMENDED PROP: 6 x 4.5 prop
- RECOMMENDED ESC: 12 amp minimum
- RECOMMENDED BATTERY: 800 mAH 2s or 3s
- RECOMMENDED SERVOS: (4) 5 gram servos
Mighty Mini Mustang - Build
Please watch recent build videos before removing any paper from the foam! Some videos may use white foam board, which is no longer available and has now been replaced with water-resistant foam board.