The FT 22 is a fun flyer that beginners and advanced pilots can enjoy together. This 2 sheet design is the first of our new Simple Series, which uses the FT Elements Simple Firewall, instead of a power pod. Considering the sleek look of the FT22 and it's excessive elevon control surface throws, the FT22 is actually a very forgiving platform that we would even go as far to say that it would be a great first plane/trainer. This is an excellent introduction to bank and yank style flying. With a smaller motor and battery, this plane could easily be flown indoors in as small as a 2 court gymnasium and with a heavier set up it penatrates well enough to be flown in light to moderate wind.
Usually ships within 3 business days.
This includes the airframe only (no electronics).
This airframe was developed by Chad Kapper and Josh Bixler.
- WEIGHT WITHOUT BATTERY: 8.3 oz (235 g)
- CENTER OF GRAVITY: 15.5 - 16 inches (394 - 406 mm) from the tip of the nose
- CONTROL SURFACE THROWS: 40 ̊ deflection, Expo 30%
- WINGSPAN: 25.5 inches (635mm)
- RECOMMENDED MOTOR: 24 g 1300 kv minimum
- RECOMMENDED PROP: 9 x 4.7 slow fly minimum
- RECOMMENDED ESC: 10 - 25 amp
- RECOMMENDED BATTERY: 500 - 1300 mAH 3s
- RECOMMENDED SERVOS: (2) 9 gram servos
- Laser-cut foam airframe
- FT Elements Simple Firewall
- Push rods
- Control horns
- Data Sheet